Japanese Account?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch General Discussion' started by SgtBilby, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.
  1. It would be nice if somebody at launch would do a tutorial on how to make a Japanese Switch Account (Japan eShop access and all)

2. We really don't know yet. But everything is region-free, as far as we know so far about Nintendo Switch. I doubt we're going to see anything like separate accounts for separate regions like Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

You can use your Switch to play against another player from another region, whether through LAN multiplayer, or WiFi. You can use your cartridge on any, and I do mean, any Nintendo Switch device. That's what region-free is.

3. I wanna know how to setup a japanese Switch account on a US Switch
    Because i want Waku Waku 7 (due out for launch on the Switch eShop in japan)

4. You'll have a hard time doing that, because Nintendo's Japanese website is in japanese (of course), but its here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp

The U.S. account site is this one: https://accounts.nintendo.com This is where you use an account to log in/out of Switch.

5. I am in Hong Kong.

I have created a US account and a Hong Kong account.

Now I have to log in and log out from each account to use the e shop right? Is there a way to enter both and the Switch will ask which account I wish to use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. I've been reading elsewhere that you can use your U.S. account on any eShop, including Japanese accounts. You can even use your credit card or debit card from another country on the account you choose. That's true "region free." So, go on, download your japanese games.

That means, no matter where you are in the world, you can buy games from other regions. :)

I'm not going to link to a NGAF post.

MCube74 likes this.
  7. So I don't need 2 accounts anymore.

Cool. Will give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk