Controller Grip for Nintendo Switch Review

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch General Discussion' started by jeoeu1208, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.
  1. Since the Nintendo Switch released, I’ve wanted to get some grips for the Joy-Cons. Single Joy-Con Play is awesome for the games that support it, like Fast RMX and

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but unless you have small hands, it can feel a little cramped with the sort of lightning reflexes needed for racing games.

Without the access to the Racing Wheels that Nintendo released, I hunted on Amazon for some reasonably-priced grips made for Single Joy-Con Play. What I found was a

product that I’d seen mixed reactions to, by a company called YAOSTE.
    [​IMG]

After nearly 3 days of waiting for the shipped product to arrive, here is my review of the Control Grip for Switch!

The Grips, themselves, has a typical controller shape. The outside has the normal hand-holders on the bottoms, like PlayStation Controllers and curve up to the

triggers. The top has two clickable triggers for the L and R buttons, along with a clear rectangle between them to let you see the battery-level lights between each

Joy-Con’s triggers.

The design is pretty simple and actually looks pretty slick. It looks just like a tiny controller and the Joy-Con looks pretty nice when you have them in it. Although

the Neon colors do look a bit contrast to the black color of the grip, the Black Joy-Cons would actually look pretty great in it.

The only issue I have, are the SR and SL buttons. They are large and set nicely, however, you have to push at the most inner area to get a proper button press. I think

that is just the nature of the Joy-Con given how small the SL and SR buttons are and their location.

I was hoping these shoulder buttons would feel more like actual ones, and they do, but you still have to press down the sweet spot.

All in all, I would highly recommend these. They make the Joy-Cons much more functional. I have played many races in Mario Kart 8 and have had no issues with the

overall comfort.

I will also mention how tight the joy-con fits in the holder. It does not snap in, and it is not hard to get out.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Wear-resista...sr=8-35&keywords=Nintendo+Switch+Joy-Con+Grip